Enchiridion / Aura
While its great to know the sartorial rules, it is equally important to showcase one’s individuality and not be lost in the standard style norms. In today’s digital age of fashion information flashing on social media sites and reality TV talking about celebrity trends; it is essential to do a little style introspection for personal likes, body shape, and personality to create new rules that bring out the diva in you!
It is true that fashion trends are fast changing today than ever before, at the same time something to note is that they also have a short rack life. There is a need now more than ever to find creative ways to merge trends with personal style. There is trove of tricks that can be used to develop a style that break the rules such as adding an unexpected piece of accessory to a standard look off the rack, carrying statement neck pieces and creative motifs on the garment, last but not the least walking tall with an elegant posture really expresses the confident and unique person you are.
A fashion concept that women are often hesitant to carry is pairing western style garments with traditional Indian jewellery. While it seems tricky, the Mughal jewels can be quite bewitching when coordinated with modern cuts and silhouettes. Let us look at the bold styles and beautifully curated ensemble that was showcased by real life women at Sky Deck, VR Bengaluru!
Look 1. The Androgynous Diva
Exquisite drop kundan choker with silver baruk pearls and center amethyst paired with a modern day soft pleated blouson. The androgynous look of the straight cut structured trouser is complimented with the feminine V shape drop choker and flower motifs on the blouson. Breaking the general norms of styling, this ensemble showcases the kundan necklace and silk blouson with dual tone drape on one shoulder.
Look 2. The Assertive Entrepreneur
This versatile statement neckpiece projects the true beauty of polki, onyx and smoky quartz. A modern Mughal piece like this one is safe and easy to wear with multiple colour of garments. An unusual intriguing combination of nature stones with a powerful chanderi silk/cotton Jacket. The sharp collar, fitted sleeves, and Indian block print on the jacket brings out the confidence and elegance of a woman.
Look 3. The Sensuous Fashionista
This neckpiece is truly an artists delight. A unique setting of kundan in a flower shape combined with rama green shaded onyx. This traditional Mughal piece is paired with a very modern olive green bias cut silk top with spaghetti straps and satin blue dhoti pants for a dramatic look. The beauty of the neckpiece is that non-uniform colours of the onyx compliments shades of both blue and green.
Look 4. The Alluring Visionaire
A fashion forward Matka Silk Peplum top complimented with Polki and kundan choker. The different shapes of Polki makes the center piece of the necklace appear unique and modern. Surrounding onyx beads of the necklace in orange compliment the accent colour of the dramatic flaps on the top. The sharp cut on the shoulders draw attention and commands respect for fashion.
Look 5. The Elegant Royalty
This bold and strong Kundan necklace represents the strength in a woman and that she deserves to be dressed with the royal jewels. The neckpiece has an interesting twist of contemporary red agate and off white/ gold onyx which flows beautifully with one shoulder Ivory cocktail dress. The soft pleats of the dress are looped impeccably through a gold ring on the shoulder and it flares at the hemline evenly.
Look 6. The Feminine Mystery
To compliment the deep desires and ambitions of a woman, here is a free flowing ensemble with deep wine, dusty pink, and silver grey to complete the mystery. The long asymmetrical kundan & polki neckpiece breaks the monotony of the solid black top and longs to meet the soft wine chiffon flared skirt. The skirt hem with un-even dusty pink border brings out the softness of the mysterious woman.
Look 7. The Romantic Tease
Sheer maxi dress dyed in a tint of Aubergine styled with long asymmetrical necklace showcasing meenakari pendant, baruk pearls and deep blue onyx. The sheen on the nature stones compensate for subtlety of the solid colour dress. This is another successful ensemble that projects the new age woman who appreciates tradition and has the confidence to pair Mughal jewellery with a peak-a-boo maxi dress that runs a long slit as a tease.
Whatever your personality and shape, every woman can find a style that suits her perfectly and turn it around with statement pieces to make it her own signature style and break out of standard rules!
Morning alarm is a stressful buzz for every house to start the day. What is your action plan to ride over your challenge of the stress buzz and take control? How do you turn your day around to a sunshiny start to a day of abundant energy? Here are 5 tips from StyleAura!
- Morning Ritual: This is a make or break time, so do it right the way you like. Set aside at least 20 minutes of time from your morning chores to uplift your spirits. You may choose to take a walk, meditate or simply sip some green tea over your choice of music to uplift your mood. This morning connect with yourself will definitely kickstart your day to a happy start.
- Healthy start over Soulful Breakfast: Keeping an appetite for a healthy, nutritious breakfast will surely add the right fuel to keep you energized through a long day ahead. Healthy taste buds wake you up to a whole new world of opportunities and abundance.
- Pamper yourself because you Deserve it: Look upon no one but yourself to pamper and nurture yourself to make you feel special in unique ways. It is empowering and liberating to be a princess of your own world. Go ahead and plan a special day out to treat yourself over meeting a friend or go on a shopping spree to bring home something quirky to pep up your closet or your room. Shake hands with the happy spirit you truly deserve.
- Be more Playful: work and our routine requires discipline and planned action. But the discipline and action can be spruced up with a playful spirit to bring in freshness to our deliverables. Seriousness does not ensure success, persistence and hard work with a joyful spirit certainly will take you a long way.
- Pay the Gratitude: Allow nature to amuse you with the miracles of life and living each day. Become sensitive to the buzz of nature's joy to open your heart to the uniqueness of its existence. Let the flowers bloom to wake up joy in your heart. Feel the love in air and pay your gratitude with the abundance of love and buzz of energy.
As they say, well begun is half done. Strive to kickstart your day to a wonderful blissful morning every day. Signup for our Newsletter today.